This is the final post in a series about questions one of our own physicians felt were important for him to ask as a resident during his interviews. Some of these questions can be answered with a simple Google search as you’re researching job opportunities and some will have to be answered by the Recruiter or Medical Director.
About the Department/Hospital
- What is the trauma level?
- What is the admit rate?
- What is the ratio of patients, peds v. adult?
- What type of charting system/EMR is used?
- Is there a Fast Track?
- What is the lab turnaround?
- What is the radiology turnaround and reads?
- Is there back up call?
- Is ultrasound used in the ED?
- What is the ratio of trauma v. medical cases?
- What are the reasons for transfer?
- Are there in-house codes?
- What subspecialties are available?
- EMTALA Investigations?
- Who writes admission orders?
- What is the number of unattached patients?
Feedback request: How flexible are you with the answers to some of these questions? Do you have specific practice preferences or are you more open to a range of answers? Leave your answers in the comments section below.
ApolloMD is a privately held, multispecialty physician practice headquartered in Atlanta, GA that is focused on rewarding physicians with quality of life, top income and ownership incentives that further their career goals while satisfying the emergency medicine, anesthesia, radiology, and hospital medicine needs of hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. For more information on ApolloMD, please visit http://apollomd.com/.